Hand and Foot Massage – Open to therapists and beginners
There is now much research into the benefits of a simple hand and foot massage, for all ages and abilities, from young children to adults in care homes. This course will provide you with the skills to help share the benefits (including relaxation, stress relief, improved circulation and self-care) within your work or home. You will enjoy a safe and simple massage sequence for hands and feet and have the chance to ask questions. This sequence has been tried and tested in a variety of different locations including therapy rooms, pre-school settings, schools, hospices, hospitals and refugee camps.
“This proved to be one of the best and most enjoyable courses that I have completed I did my first foot massage on a client that evening and she fell asleep! She thoroughly enjoyed it and is looking forward to a hand massage next time.” Valerie Mathieson, Beauty and Holistic Therapist.
It is open to all levels from beginners to therapists. Qualified therapists will receive a CPD certificate and non-therapists will receive a certificate of attendance.
- Benefits. See research here: Research Findings
- Contraindications – those situations when it is not advised.
- Main reflexology and acupressure points on the hands for common ailments.
- Creams and oils for massage.
- Adapting for children and elderly.
- Ensuring safety and hygiene.
- Correcting your posture.
Qualified therapists will receive a CPD certificate and non-therapists will receive a certificate of attendance.
- Cost of course is £100 which includes oils, creams, manuals and certificate
- Accredited by FHT (Federation of Holistic Therapists) for 5 CPD points
- One day course open to all
- No case studies required
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothing and bring two small towel
Purple Turtle Wellbeing