Indian Head Massage on a Massage Couch Course
Indian Head Massage is traditionally taught in a seated position however the techniques can be adapted so that the client can experience Indian Head Massage on a Massage couch rather than seated. Subsequently the IHM Massage on a massage couch course will teach you how to adapt your Indian Head Massage treatment comfortably for both you and the client while they lay on a massage couch.
This practical interactive course combines knowledge about how to set up and dress your couch following the correct client’s and therapist’s positioning. Particularly concentrating on developing new massage techniques and adapting your treatments accordingly to treat the individual needs of the client. You will understand how to adjust your posture for couch massage, techniques to work safely and efficiently with tips on how to protect your hands, thumbs, fingers and wrists.
In our Indian Head Massage on a Massage Couch Course you will learn how to do a prone upper back routine and how to work with your clients laying in the supine position for the neck, face and head while ensuring the clients comfort and dignity. Thereafter your safe practice will be reinforced with knowledge of how to put up a couch safely and use your body correctly when adapting your routine for the couch.
An interactive CPD course specifically for Indian Head Massage therapists who would like to adapt their Indian Head Massage treatments to incorporate couch working with clients instead of seated. A perfect refresher for therapists returning to therapy and also for IHM therapists considering studying a full qualification in massage,
Special Offer – Combine this course with our Indian Head Massage for Pregnancy on 22nd November 2023 and save £50! Email to book both courses to take advantage of this exclusive offer.
- How to safely set up your couch and your therapy work area
- Client etiquette and client positioning
- Upper Body Routine in the prone position
- Adapting your IHM routine for the neck, face and head in the supine position
- Self-evaluation of your posture when administering the treatment
- Linen Management and maintaining client’s dignity
- Marketing Advice
- Students must have prior learning in one of the following therapies: Indian Head Massage or Beauty Therapy
- All students must hold a qualification in Anatomy & Physiology
- This course is awarded 10 CPD points by FHT
- Post graduate course – advanced level
- Accredited by FHT Federation of Holistic Therapists
- One day advanced course
- Certificated CPD course
- Investment cost £180 which includes all equipment, products, manuals, learning materials and CPD Certificate
- No Case Studies required
- This course is available to book for private tuition. Investment for bespoke 121 tuition is £300. Please email us to enquire about dates.
Inspire Your Potential with Purple Turtle Academy CPD courses Indian Head Massage for Pregnancy
To find out more about the Indian Head Massage Community visit our website Indian Head Massage Community
Purple Turtle Wellbeing