PREGNANCY MASSAGE COURSE – ADVANCED
Our Pregnancy Massage Course is an essential advanced course for body therapists, for working on existing clients when they become pregnant and attracting new pregnant clients. Our Pregnancy Massage Course will simultaneously provide you with the theory and practical knowledge to work safely and confidently on Mums to be throughout their pregnancy.
Learn a full body massage routine including the ‘baby bump’ which will enable you to further your practice and integrate the new techniques into your own style of massage. During the Pregnancy Massage Course, we explore the phases the body goes through and how to adapt the treatments for each stage of the pregnancy.
This intensive Pregnancy Massage Course combines theory and practical knowledge. Consequently, you will adapt your massage to treat the individual needs of the Mum to be at all stages of the pregnancy. Therefore you will be able to increase your client base with confidence.
- Anatomy and Physiology in Pregnancy including emotional and physical changes during the three trimesters
- Pre-natal conditions and practical techniques to relieve symptoms
- Adapting your routine for pregnant clients to incorporate a full body massage, including baby bumps.
- New techniques to incorporate further into your own routine
- Couch etiquette and client positioning for couch massage
- Self-evaluation of your posture while working on a pregnant client
- Client consultation and contra-indications
- Carrier oils and Aromatherapy Essential oils
- Massage and self-care techniques for common pregnancy conditions
- Aftercare advice and pelvic floor strengthening exercises
- Towel Management and maintaining client’s dignity
- Marketing Advice to target pregnant clients
- Students have prior learning in one of the following therapies: Massage or beauty therapy
- All students must therefore hold a qualification in Anatomy & Physiology
- This course is awarded 10 CPD points by FHT
- Postgraduate course – advanced level
- Accredited by FHT Federation of Holistic Therapists
- One day advanced course
- Certificated CPD course
- Investment cost £180 which includes all equipment, products, manuals, learning materials, and Certificate
- No Case Studies required
- This course is available to book for private tuition. Investment for bespoke 121 tuition is £300. Please email us to enquire about dates.
Inspire Your Potential with our Purple Turtle Academy Pregnancy CPD Courses Indian Head Massage for Pregnancy
For Organic Products for the Mum to Be visit our Neal’s Yard Organic Shop
Purple Turtle Wellbeing