Training course in Technique MEBP®, Massage for Children with Special Needs
The Technique MEBP® training focuses on the theoretical knowledge of certain neurodevelopmental disorders and the practice of specific manipulations adapted to this clientele. With the Technique MEBP®, Massage for Children with Special Needs, certified practitioners have the necessary skills and knowledge for all levels.
Thanks to a range of tools specific to the Technique MEBP®, such as observation charts and questionnaires completed by the parents of the child, certified practitioners can recognize the emotional, physical, and sensorial needs of the child and set the appropriate objectives to ensure a thorough and professional follow-up.
Technique MEBP® OBJECTIVE 1: ACQUIRING A BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF THE MAIN DISORDERS AND SYNDROMES AFFECTING CHILDREN
Understand the different signs and characteristics of autism spectrum disorder (ASD), Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Dys’abilities, anxiety disorders, Sensory Process Disorders (SPD) and Tourette’s Syndrome (TS)
OBJECTIVE 2: ADJUSTING TECHNIQUES AND SURROUNDINGS TO MEET NEEDS
Establishing a Massage Routine
Recognizing the Child’s Needs Based on the forms and questionnaires exclusive to Technique MEBP®
Adapting the Swedish Massage Manipulations and Integrating the Shiatsu Manipulations
How Massage Contributes to the Proprioceptive System Adapting the Environment Using Different Tools
OBJECTIVE 3: INTERACTING AND COMMUNICATING ADEQUATELY WITH A CHILD WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Adapting the Approach and Interaction
How to Communicate Adequately with the Child
Understanding and Managing the Different Possible Reactions
Learning to Use Their Special Interests During the Massage
How to Communicate Adequately with the Parent
OBJECTIVE 4: KNOWLEDGE OF THE VARIOUS PROFESSIONALS
Recognizing the Limits of Massage Therapy and Situations
Knowing the Different Specialists Who Are Involved with Children
What’s included in the course:
- online and in-person course tuition.
- access to pre-recorded videos and Zoom replays from April 29 to June 12, 2024
- course materials: visual massage routines, workbook, official documents, and questionnaires.
- set of exclusive magnetic pictograms.
- exclusive and private Facebook group to ensure a constant support and feedback.
- your certification will give you the right to use the registered name Technique MEBP® *under certain conditions.
- Diploma in Technique MEBP®, Massage for Children with Special Needs.
- Students must hold an Ofqual accredited Level 3 Diploma in Massage including Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology – or equivalent, or higher.
- Without an accredited Diploma, you may be able to attend the course, but you will not receive an IPHM accredited certificate.
- Without an accredited Diploma you may not be able to join the IPHM, FHT, IICT, or other professional body.
- You should be of reasonably good health and not suffering from any current medical conditions which would hinder your ability to give and receive treatment. Please let us know if you have any medical conditions, you feel we should be aware of.
Equipment needed for Technique MEBP®
You will need to purchase sensory materials to help you work with children with special needs at approximately £75.
During the course, you will also need to purchase a massage couch if you do not have one. There is a good choice of mattress topper available at approximately £130. You will be advised on this during the teaching sessions.
This is a Guest course so please direct any queries to Melissa Boulanger.
Payment can be made by bank transfer or Paypal.
Payment can be made in 3 equal instalments of £400.
The first must be made upon registration.
The second must be made before January 6, 2024.
The final must be made before April 6, 2024.
Trainer and qualifications:
Mélissa Boulanger was awarded with OFQUAL TQUK Level 3 Award Education and Training (RQF)
Qualification Number: 601/1831/3
Training Provider: CTC Training & Development Ltd
Approved Training Provider of IPHM International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine
IPHM Number: IPHMNC13136
Registered Training College and Accredited Course of CMA Complementary Medical Association
CMA Membership Number: C202308280002
Looking for a venue to host a course like this, check out our Hire information